Aha'aina - Royal Hawaiian Luau
This luau is currently unavailable for booking on our site. For another great Oahu luau we highly recommend, check out Sea Life Park Hawaii Luau.
In the old Hawaii, people came together to celebrate important occasions with a big feast. These social gatherings where called 'aha'aina. Experience a modern interpretation of this traditional Hawaiian feast at the Aha'aina Luau, which takes place at the iconic Royal Hawaiian Hotel, one of the first hotels built on Waikiki Beach.
Situated on the Royal Hawaiian's Ocean Lawn, which overlooks Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach, Aha'aina Luau is composed of three spectacular acts. The evening’s festivities begin with time-honored activities, such as poi pounding (traditional Hawaiian starch made from taro), kapa making (cloth made of pounded bark) and na lawai'a (tending of fishing tools).
Then listen to the sound of the pu (conch shell), calling all luau guests to the feast, which features authentic flavors from a variety of cultures that came to Hawaii as immigrant workers in the plantation era. After dinner, watch a stunning performance that commemorates Hawaii's rich history and culture through music and dance.
- Perfect beachfront location on Waikiki Beach
- Takes place at the historic Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Learn about old Hawaii and Hawaiian customs and culture
- Take part in Hawaiian activities
- Delicious all-you-can-eat luau buffet
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium Seating - Seating is 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.Cocktail Seating -
Includes the show and 2 beverages. Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Gluten Free Menu
Royal Hawaiian Luau Hotel
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Royal Hawaiian Luau Setting
Waikiki Beach Luau
Royal Hawaiian Luau Hula
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- A valid government issued photo ID is required to consume alcoholic beverages.
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian